by Matteo Lee & Sarah Schwartz, Sports Reporter & Sports Editor
photos contributed by Nicole Tandetnitskiy and Paxton Boyd
Nicole Tandetnitksiy — Bates College Soccer
Morning 9:00 a.m.
-Morning session: Separated into attackers and defenders
-Training for attackers:
- Warm-up: Sprints, cone work
- Skill based: focus on technical work, high press and possession
Team Meetings 1:00 p.m.
- Expectations for athletes
- Concussion test, physical
- Team plans and standards
Evening 6:00 p.m.
-Evening session: Full team
- Focus on possession and full scrimmages
- Walk-through on tactics
-Shower, get food at commons, hangout in each other’s dorms – play foosball, ping pong
Paxton Boyd — Senior Varsity Football
Work out 7:30 a.m.
- 45 minutes in the weight room
- Leg day: some squats, RDLs, split squats
- 45 minutes of conditioning
- Agility: shuttle drill, ladder drills
- Suicides: 300 years – to the 50 yard line, back to the goal line – complete three times
Recovery 10:30 a.m.
- Cold plunge at Lifetime
- Go home – Shower, eat a big second breakfast, like eggs
- Rest – Netflix, video games
Afternoon 2:00 p.m.
- Captain’s Practice: Route running, more agility and sprints
- Get lunch – a burrito from Anna’s
- Play basketball at the YMCA